Saturday 9 April 2016

Using Number Stratiegies

Using Number Strategies


Rounding my numbers to the nearest 10.
Rounding my numbers to the nearest 100.
Using different number strategies like a good mathematician. Think before I write it down, so I know what to say or write down. Maths is usually a bit hard for me, but now that I’ve learned new ways to do it, I understand maths better. Thank you to Mr Kenny and Mrs Lowe, for teaching me new strategies. I really enjoyed doing maths today.
One day we had to do a ‘Colour the spinner’. So what we had to do was write down what the spinner was most likely to land on what had an even chance and what was the less likely to land on.One of the questions was: what is the chance of the spinner stopping on blue?
The answer was: 3 eights.
Another question was: what is the chance of the spinner stopping on red?
The answer was: 2 eights.
And the last question was: If the spinner is spun 1000 times, how many times is it likely to land on yellow?
The answer was 1 eight.
I hope that you enjoyed reading my maths.

By Riana lee Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment